- Department of Mathematics
Progress Reports/Guidelines & Student Handbooks
Progress Reports must be filled out by each graduate student and reviewed by their advisor one month prior to the end of classes each semester. You should keep a copy of the form and update as needed. If you do not have a formal research advisor, please consult with the advisor assigned to you in SIS. Please also attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to the report.
- Thesis and Defense Guidelines
- Doctoral Student Progress Report
- Masters Student Progress Report
- Post-Baccalaureate Student Progress Report
- Graduate Handbook for Doctoral Program
- Graduate Handbook for Master of Science Program
- Academic Integrity Handbook
Checklists & Forms
- Thesis Honors Candidate Form
- TA Agreement Form
- Travel Expense Reimbursement Form
- Additional Student Forms
- The Bulletin of Tufts University
Includes general graduation, honors, and thesis requirements as well as information for studying abroad.
- The Tufts Summer Scholars Program
Major Concentration Forms for classes of 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024:
- Mathematics Major Concentration Checklist
- Mathematics Minor Checklist
- Applied Mathematics Major Concentration Checklist
- Recent PhD Theses
The Department will cover the costs for one bound paper copy a graduating student's thesis to be kept by the Department.
- Professor Quinto's math resources for students
- StAAR Center
Library, Course & Technology Resources
- Tisch Library
- Tisch Library Mathematics Research Guide
- Block Schedule - Tufts uses a lettered Block Schedule for all courses University-wide.
- Exam Policy
- Grading Schemes
- Academic Calendar
- Department Learning Objectives
- Graduate Program Learning Objectives
- American Mathematical Society MathSciNet Database
Articles authored by Tufts affiliates in the American Mathematical Society MathSciNet database (subscription required).
Mathematica is a software package which is ideal for communicating scientific ideas, whether this is visualization of a concept in an intro-level course, or creating a simulation of a new idea related to research.
The Mathematics Department wants to ensure the best possible learning experience for students. We expect everyone to be treated with respect. Review ways to report discrimination.