- Department of Mathematics
At the University level, there is a program called Summer Scholars that pairs Tufts undergraduates with faculty members to conduct research on a topic of mutual interest. The program provides a small stipend for the student researcher, as well as an opportunity to give a presentation on your research at the Undergraduate Research and Scholarship Symposium.
Nationwide, there are many summer programs called REUs (Research Experience for Undergraduates) at which a small team of undergrad researchers works on a problem alone or in small groups, often culminating in publishable research projects. Learn more about REU.
Off campus graduate research opportunities
- Los Alamos National Lab: National Security Science in New Mexico
- Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute at Berkeley
- Institute for Mathematics and its Applications at Minneapolis
- American Institute of Mathematics at San Jose
- Institut des Hautes Études Scientifiques at Bures-sur-Yvette
- Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn
- Centre International de Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées at Trieste