Department of Mathematics, Tufts University
- September 2014 - present, Assistant Professor, Tufts
- August 2013 - August 2014, Research Assistant Professor, The
Pennsylvania State University
- August 2010 - August 2013, Postdoc, The Pennsylvania State
- July 2009 - July 2010, Visiting Scholar, Beijing
International Center of Mathematical Research
- Ph.D in
Computational Mathematics in Science and Engineering, June
2009, Zhejiang University
Thesis: Improved Semi-Lagrangian Methods
and its applications
- B.S. in Information
and Computer Science, June 2004, Zhejiang University
Thesis: Adaptive Error Estimate for
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Best Performer of Disease Module Identification DREAM Challenges (Team Tusk: Jake Crawford, Junyuan Lin, Xiaozhe Hu, Benjamin Hescott, Donna Slonim, Lenore Cowen)
- 2016: Reimann-Louville Award for best application paper at the International Conference on Fractal Differentiation and Its Applications 2016 (paper title: Fast Solver for Fractional Differential Equations based on Hierarchical Matrices )
- 2015: Numerical Methods for Large-Scale Nonlinear Problems and Their Applications, financial support, financial support, Brown University,
ICERM, and NSF
- 2014: Robust Discretization and Fast Solvers for Computable
Multiphysics Models, financial support, Brown University,
ICERM, and NSF
- 2012: NSF/CBMS Conference: Finite Element Exterior Calculus,
financial support, Brown University, ICERM, and NSF
- 2012: Frontier of Computational and Applied Mathematics,
financial support, UCLA and IPAM
- 2011: 20th International Domain Decomposition Conference
financial support, UCSD and NSF
- 2009: Outstanding Ph.D Graduate of Zhejiang Province,
Department of Education, China
- 2007-2008: National Scholarship of the Studying Abroad
Program for Building High Level Universities, Department of
- 2004: Samsung Scholarship Award, Samsung Corporation
- Faculty Advisor for SIAM Student Chapter: Department
of Mathematics, Tufts University, June 2015-Present.
- Member of Academic Review Board: School of Arts and
Sciences, Tufts University, 2014-Present;
- Graduate Committee Member: Department of Mathematics,
Tufts University, 2014-Present.
- Editorial Board: Petroleum Science, 2015 - present
- Scientific Committee Member: 11th International
Conference on Large-Scale Scientific Computations, 06/05
- 06/09/2017, Sozopol, Bulgaria.
- Scientific Committee Member: 10th International
Conference on Large-Scale Scientific Computations, 06/08
- 06/12/2015, Sozopol, Bulgaria.
- Minisymposium organizer: Novel Numerical Methods for Maxwell’s Equations and Magnetohydrodynamics, 2017 SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering, 02/27-03/03/2017, Atlanta, USA.
- Minisymposium organizer: Robust Solvers for Multiphysics Problems, the 24th International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, 02/06-02/10/2017, Svalbard, Norway.
- Minisymposium organizer: Novel Numerical Methods on Polyhedral Meshes, 2016 SIAM Annual Meeting, 07/11-07/16/2016, Boston,
- Minisymposium organizer: Numerical Simulations in
Poromechanics, 8th International Congress on Industrial
and Applied Mathematics, 08/10-08/14/2015, Beijing,
- Minisymposium organizer: Numerical Methods for
Multiphysics Problem, 10th International Conference on
Large-Scale Scientific Computations, 06/08 - 06/12/2015,
- Minisymposium organizer: Numerical Modeling of Fluids and Structures,
9th International Conference on Large-Scale Scientific
Computations, 06/03 - 06/06/2013, Sozopol, Bulgaria.
- Graduate Students: Junyuan (Joanne) Lin (Tufts
University, 2014 - present), Peter Ohm (Tufts University, 2015 - present), Charles Colley (Master, Tufts University, 2016 - present)
- NSF Grant, Robust Solvers for Coupled Problems with Applications to Electromagnetism and Poromechanics, 09/15/2016 - 08/31/2019, PI.
- DOE ASCR/MMICC Grant, Modeling Mesoscale process of Scalable
Synthesis, 11/1/2012 - 10/31/2014, Co-PI.
- NSF Grant, Collaborative Research: Special Session on
Numerical Modeling of Fluids and Structures, 05/01/2013 -